Tuesday, 17 May 2011

inspiration.


Inspiration is fleeting, but when it catches you; the feeling is like no other.

Many times I have read a great book and formulated a wild aspiration to write a novel of my own creation; and much the same occurred when I stumbled across the Duchess.

As the ruse progressed, accusations of my poking fun at her second life grew, and although my rhymes were nearly always of a tongue-in-cheek nature, I have always been sincere with my humble delight at the Duchess's tales. And it is her I thank for the great amusement I have found in releasing my inner 'masked marauder.' The true reason I began the poems was to quash the pang of creative inspiration I felt to write about my own misgivings, in fear of copying too closely the Duchess's ideal.

So now I continue on; at her will, and mine; and of course the ever persuasive Brooksby. Of Brooksby I take great fervor in talking; though for now I will leave her lie. In continuing on in this ambiguously 'eloquent' hand, one could assume I am writing as a courtier of the Duchess, which would in fact please me greatly.
A character of tales I shall remain,
Though tales of my own I'll make,
It has now become clear to me,
That rhymes I can't forsake.
 Luthien




No comments:

Post a Comment