Tuesday, 29 March 2011

to tempt v.




You may not recall Dear Duchess,
But I saw you the other night,
The temptation to tell was blinding,
Though I fought with all my might.

I cannot remember much,
Nor can I think upon your dress,
What I do remember is,
We were both an utter mess.

'Twas at the Manor Party,
On a settle 'pon a stair,
You lay across me and my cohorts,
Your head against my hair.

I do not wish to give all away,
And there is one clue I've witheld,
Of the nature of our friendship,
Which I fear I cannot tell.

For how we know eachother,
Will narrow your list of choice,
So for now I keep it to my chest;
I keep silent my corporeal voice.

A.F.



1 comment:

  1. I believe temptation works best when it is hard to ignore...
    True, you are not yet forgotten but the time will soon come
    If your wit and your rhyme are swept out the door,
    Or under a mat, as time ticks on you'll become a distant memory.

    I'll give credit where it is due, you are a poet more than I'll ever be. But come now dear Luthien, or A.F. or IV.
    Please tell me, who are you?

    D.S.

    ReplyDelete